Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Night Retro

What a week!  I know that I am not the busiest person I know.  In fact, I have friends who have 10+ children and run small family farms, so there is no doubt in my mind that I am not the busiest person I know.  However, it has been a busy, busy week.  I intended to get a couple of blog posts up during the week.  I even worked on them some, but didn't get anything finished.

I was able to finish a few DIY projects around the house, and I hope to blog about those soon.  I haven't done as much of that type of blogging as I thought I would.

Ok, on to the cool, smooth tones that will help you unwind on what is a beautiful, warm evening with a huge full moon (it's at perigee this weekend) here in northwest Arkansas.

First up:


Ahhhh, that's better. Who's next?  How about...


Ok, let's go back and listen to that one again.

Done?  Ok,  The last musical interlude for the evening is from one of my favorite musicians from my childhood.


I am so relaxed now I can barely type.

On Mondays I do a post about my thrift store and yard sale finds.  Many of them are vintage items (that's how this ties into Saturday Night Retro).  This week I will be showing an old wooden Fisher Price Little People toy that I found.  Here he is with two other Little People finds.


 My sister and brother and I played with Little People endlessly in the 1970's.  My kids have all played with them, as well.  Some day soon I'll do a retro post about my little collection of vintage toys.  Have you collected anything as an adult that you loved as a child?  Share with me in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment