Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thrifty Finds

Just like last week, it has been a good week for thrifting.  This is mainly due to the fact that I can hit some garage sales each week.  I ♥ thrift stores, but for pricing, garage sales are even better.

I thrifted on Tuesday, while the kids were in their chemistry class, but all I bought was one pair of pants for Rachel.  She is going to begin doing a feature on this blog about thifting for teens.  Keep an eye out for that.  I hit some yard sales on Friday, and here, in no particular order, is some of what I got.


Very nice rain boots for Bekah, an unopened container of tile adhesive, and the Kit Cat clock.


It's missing the tail, and I'm not sure how old it is.  The reproductions for sale on Amazon right now take one AA battery, and this one requires two C batteries, so I hope that will help me date it.

I also got another pair of rain boots.  They were 25 cents because they have a hole, but I plan to do a crafty thing involving flowers.


The two metal containers are for the Mother's Day plants Rachel is making to sell.  The turquoise Tupperware sugar container was 25 cents, and it's staying with me.  The old books are for Bekah, who loves readers from the 1940's and 50's.  In the back left is this.


It's an odd little purse that I found at a garage sale that had no other odd items.  I don't think it's old, but it has a retro feel.  Rachel loves it.

Next are some ET glasses and a book about playing games on your Little Professor toy and another about science experiments.  The science book we'll keep, and the other items will go in my Etsy store.


I got these two items at the same sale.  They were mixed in with some typical yard sale clothes, shoes, and stuffed animals.


We have several of the vintage Betty Crocker kids' cookbooks.  They are cute and have great illustrations.  Here is a close up of the tiny can of dental paste.


I haven't decided if I'm keeping it or listing it on Etsy.

Well, that's enough for now.  I will be at a shooting competition with the kids on the prime yard sale days next week, so I'll save the rest of this week's haul for next Monday.  I'm linking up with Me and My Shadow for Magpie Monday, Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds, and Apron Thrift Girl (if she returns) for Thrift Share Monday.  Go see what everyone else found.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of great stuff.

    I love the little wellies and jealous you managed to find a pair to plant in - I've been waiting an eternity to get holes in my boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you did well there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you found some wonderful things! Love the look of the Kit Cat clock and the old books.

    ReplyDelete