Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Night Retro

Saturday Night Retro has been on hiatus for two weeks.  First, because of this, and then because of this

I was just exhausted last weekend.  I think I was in bed by 10 pm, which is unheard of for me.  I'm still tired tonight, after a whirlwind of activity this week, but I'm ready to sit back, relax, and travel down Memory Lane.  Won't you join me?

Husband recommended this one.  It definitely is a blast from my past!


I went to a Def Leppard concert in the 8th grade.  I went to A LOT of concerts in the 8th and 9th grades.

However, SNR requires something more mellow, so let's try this.


 And this.


Now for something a little different.  Husband and I were watching, and laughing at, videos from the 80's.  One of Joan Jett's band members had on a fringed jacket, similar to this.


And for some reason, it struck us both as hilariously awful.  Because, you know, there are no pictures of either of us wearing anything embarrassing in our youth.


Let's break that one down, mkay?  Big perm?  Check.  Pastel random print shorts that come two inches above the belly button?  Check.  Faux leather bootlets with plastic jewels on the sides?  Check.  Scrunch socks?  Check.  Reading the Weekly World News?  Wow, let's move on, shall we?

I began thinking of other fashion disasters from the past.  Frankly, critiquing 80's fashion is like shooting fish in a barrel.  But that won't stop me.  I give you...




Now I'm not naive enough to think that we won't laugh at today's styles in the future, but right now is right now, and we all need to be laughing at fashions from the past.  So what's your favorite bad fashion item from your youth?  Post a link or description in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. OHHH girl, I (like, tOtally) have embarrassing pics from the 80's. I had my share of jumbo taffeta formals, huge hair pics, leg warmers, high top Reeboks (worn with my favorite sweatshirt dress-regional thing?). I just may have to dig a few out for kicks. Here's one: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=413477039524&set=t.1283560053&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete