Monday, March 26, 2012

Thrifty Finds

I am linking up with Magpie Monday over at Me and My Shadow and Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl (ATG's post isn't up yet.  i'll link to it when it is.)

Well, there wasn't a lot thrifting at thrift stores this week, but yard sales are officially in full swing!  I love to spend a warm morning sifting through other people's jun..., umm, treasure, looking for things I didn't know I needed.  Here are a few of the goodies that I got for a song.


Oh, just look at that gorgeous vintage Dover purse.  The clasp works well, and the handle might be celluloid.  I need to research it a bit.  The darling Nancy Drew tweed skirt is for Rachel for next fall, the books are for Joshua, and the little leather purse with the flowers was just irresistible.

My mom joined me and the kids for a trip to a lovely little flea market that was closing its doors.  The prices were crazy low, and I got all of this:


If you're like me, you are laser focused on that capiz light fixture on the left.  Please click here to read more about it, and to help me identify its age.  Included in the pic above are a darling metal magazine rack, a heavy solid wood urn, an antique drying rack, and a Boy Scout belt and buckle for Joshua.

In other news, I've opened an Etsy shop to resell some of the items I thrift.  I love rescuing vintage goodies from the depths of a dusty shelf or box, cleaning them up, maybe making minor repairs, and then putting them back into the flow of useful and lovely things.  I could not possibly keep everything I buy, so I decided to give Etsy a try.  Click here to see what I've got.  I will be adding to the inventory as I sort through the items in my cabinets and cupboards.

What did you find this week?

ETA: I just discovered Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures, so I'm linking there, too.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, wow, what a haul!
    Yep- totally honed in on the light fixture- lovely. And the tweed skirt- so gorgeus!
    I'll be very interested to hear how your reselling goes. I have been tempted, but fear I lack the immense organisational skills needed. :(

    PS Do you know your captcha word verification thingy is on? Took me 7 goes to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing hauls!

    Sad times when even thrift stores are going out of business!

    The light fitting is wonderful but I'm afraid I can't help with info.

    Good luck with your Etsy shop x

    ReplyDelete