Thursday, March 8, 2012

Toys of My Youth

I recently came across this on Pinterest.

Fashion Plates

Oh my goodness!  I had these when I was a kid.  I think I was 12 or 13.  I had a lot of fun with this.  In fact, the three plates shown in the center were my favorites.  I know that my girls would love this, and if I find one at a thrift store or yard sale I will grab it.

That got me thinking about some of my other favorites from the 1970's.  My sister, brother, and I played with Fisher Price Little People all the time.  We had the farm and the school, but I remember how over the moon I was when I got this for Christmas.

Fisher Price A Frame

The best part about that one is that my mom kept it, and my kids have played with it, too.

I think I got this doll when I was 6 or 7.

Pedal Pretty
Pedal Pretty accessories

I guess she must be pretty rare, because those two images and one other were all I could find.  I liked her a lot, and was very excited to receive her for Christmas.  I think the Velcro that held her feet to the wagon came off early on, though.

Probably my favorite and most played with toy was the Honey Hill Bunch.

Honey Hill Bunch Clubhouse

I got the clubhouse and a bunch of the dolls in about 3rd or 4th grade, and I loved them.  I was able to add a few more dolls over the years.

Honey Hill Bunch Hayseed
Honey Hill Bunch dog


Again, my mom kept quite a few of them, and my girls have played with them.

Researching this post led me to several other toys that I loved, so look for a part two at some point!

1 comment:

  1. Your mother didn't keep the honey hill bunch dolls. I bought them on ebay when ebay first started :).

    ReplyDelete